point of care testing
Point of Care Testing (POCT) is medical diagnostic testing performed outside the clinical laboratory where the patient is receiving care.
Why POCT is so important
- CLIA-waived devices are seeing strong market demand as enablers to increasing accessible market.
- Microfluidics in cartridges is a reality now. Complex processes, including molecular, can now be automated in a cartridge. As a result “dry” instrument and “wet” cartridge pairings are popular with many hitting the market. Performance is up and cost per test is down making this commercially feasible.
- POCT in China is seeing rapidly escalating market penetration.
- Isothermal amplification makes molecular POCT compact, low power and low in instrument cost.
- Consumer electronics are used for communications and user interface, although data security/privacy requirements and selected workflow factors remain issues to be mindful of.
- Modular designs with a user interface module and several processing modules enable scalable POCT devices, extending the devices to small clinics and main lab specialty testing.
Point of Care Testing with its many advantages is a key growth driver of the diagnostics market.
BIT’s track record
BIT is ideally suited to support health care innovators within the point of care testing segment.
- Develop unambiguous, simple interaction between user and instrument
- Offer a simple graphical user interface guiding the user through the instrument workflow or simplified one-touch buttons
- Provide fully automated processing of the sample to result steps
- Use instrument technology that includes self-calibration of the sensors with minimal user interaction
- Provide error-free loading and unloading
- Develop automatic positioning, automatic homing, automatic inventory verification, automatic sample ID read
Targeting the CLIA-waiver market will expand your market share through regulatory channel but it also provides inherent benefits from built-in ease-of-use that is in demand globally regardless of the local regulatory environment.
Business Development Global
Global Business Development
Business Extension & Client Relations